Sandblasting has been practiced for more than a century. The process is efficient and effective at removing paint, rust residues, and residues caused by oxidation from materials. Also, it can remove scratches or casting marks from metal surfaces.
The sandblasting industry relies on sandblasting hoses for success. The material must also be strong enough to withstand constant abrasion, high temperatures, and pressure. This is what Seal Fast Inc. offers you. With our wide selection of sizes and styles of hose, you’ll find what you need. You can count on Seal Fast Inc. for the best sandblasting hose fittings on the market.
What is sandblasting?
Sandblasting is a process of using compressed air to forcefully propel sand at high speeds onto a surface to clean or etch it. The sandblasting process applies to various materials, including metals, glass, plastics, and stone. Sandblasting hoses use pressurized air to throw a specific media or material at high speeds.
Common applications in industrial sandblasting
The products and specific applications of industrial sandblasting:
- Aerospace: Removing old paint from aluminum aircraft skins using plastic media to prevent destroying or removing any underlying.
- Agriculture: Farming machinery such as tillers, tractors, cultivators, harvesters, reapers, pickers, and pesticide sprayers can be cleaned, rusted, and soil-displaced with sandblasting equipment.
- Adhesive Sealant Application: Increasing adhesive and sealant bond strength requires surface cleaning and anchor profile generation.
- Bridge and Highway Maintenance: We risk catastrophic failures of our bridges and other infrastructure if we do not maintain them properly. Blasting is required to remove the old protective coating from bridges, overpasses, and highways and facilitate inspection.
- Jewelry: Using micro blasters with soft grits, one can remove encrustations on fossils or clean fragile surfaces. Others use micro-blast with abrasives to clean jewelry lower in hardness than gemstones.
- Plastic Molding: The deflashing of molded parts and cleaning excess resin from molds or forms, widely used to clean plastic and rubber molds using dry ice blasting. It is possible to abrade rubber away at low temperatures since it becomes brittle.
- Steel: During hot rolling, extrusion, drawing, or other thermomechanical processing, scales or metal oxide are removed using an abrasive blasting media stream.
FAQs on industrial sandblasting products
What are the different types of sandblasting media?
There are many different types of sandblasting media, each with unique properties. Some of the most common types of sandblasting media include silica sand, aluminum oxide, garnet, and glass beads.
What are the benefits of sandblasting?
Here’s where you can use industrial sandblasting:
- Corrosion and Rust Removal: It removes rust and corrosion. Most ferrous metals, such as iron and steel, experience rust problems. Rust can easily be removed with a pressure blaster loaded because it has heavier cutting media.
- Clean smaller items: You don’t need a large pressure blaster and space suit to clean materials, tools, or cabinet hardware. You can use it to clean small parts using smaller sandblasting hose couplings. It keeps the material contained and cleaner to operate. During blasting, we utilize dust collection cabinets to prevent dust from entering the air.
- Rough Castings and Edges: Media blasting can smooth or semi-polish rough surfaces. If you have a rough casting with sharp or irregular edges, you can use crushed glass to smooth or soften it.
- Preparation of the surface: Automotive chassis are usually media blasted before powder coating. Sandblasting and media blasting are used to prepare surfaces for painting and coating. As a result, most powder coaters prefer media blasting before coating items because it leaves a profile on the surface that is easier to adhere to.
- Mold Removal: You can quickly remove mildew and mold from structures or ornamental landscaping using sandblasting, using a more delicate abrasive like soda. It removes heavy mold but does not profile the surface. You can also use this on wood damaged by water resulting in a good base for resealing, staining, or painting.
The Seal Fast, Inc. heavy-duty sandblasting hose and fittings is a durable, abrasion-resistant, two or four-ply hose designed for sandblasting and steel blasting made of static conductive materials.
How do I choose the suitable sandblasting media for my project?
Here is how you choose the sandblasting media for your project:
- Consider the part size, shape, materials, and annual production volumes.
- Identify your cleaning and surface treatment needs.
- Make sure you consider the location of the surfaces you will be sandblasting.
- Take into account the operational costs.
We have the fittings you need to get the job done right
If you require a quality industrial sandblasting hose and nozzle, we would be more than happy to help. Our team has over 57 years of combined experience in the industry and can provide you with the perfect solution for your business.
Seal Fast, Inc. carries a wide range of products, so you can rest assured that you are getting only the best when you choose us. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services or to request a quote. We look forward to hearing from you soon!