Seal Fast, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-quality fittings for pipeline systems across numerous industries. We specialize in dry disconnect couplings designed and developed for a more efficient fluid handling process. Our dry break fittings guarantee superior results that will improve your operations.
What are Dry Disconnect Couplings?
Dry break coupling, also known as dry disconnect coupling, is a type of fitting commonly used in fluid handling operations to ensure a dry connection. These are employed in applications where accidental spills and releases of liquids aren’t acceptable by slamming the poppets in the male and female pieces of the unit shut. A dry break coupler is also employed when the liquid value is too high to tolerate any spillage or loss.
Benefits of using dry break fittings:
- Reduce spillages to zero
- Less human error in transfer operations
- Combination of technical, safety, and performance
- Improved efficiency
- Better operational and fugitive emission management
- Cost-saving option for long-term use
In the oil and gas industry, using a dry break coupler is paramount during the bottom loading and unloading of fuel from road tankers. Fuel spills pose environmental concerns and health risks, so having a secure and dry connection is essential to eliminate any spillage risk.
Types of Dry Break Coupling at Seal Fast
We specialize in male and female dry break fittings made of Viton and PTFE. These materials are highly resistant to corrosion and chemical abrasion, making them perfect for harsh environments. We also have a repair kit for maintenance purposes.
Our product selection is as follows:
Male Viton and PTFE Seat
- Aluminum Viton Adapter x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- 316 Stainless Steel Viton Adapter x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- Aluminum PTFE Adapter x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- 316 Stainless Steel PTFE Adapter x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
Female Viton and PTFE Seat
- Aluminum Viton Coupler x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- 316 Stainless Steel Viton Coupler x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- Aluminum PTFE Coupler x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
- 316 Stainless Steel PTFE Coupler x Female NPT Dry Disconnect Couplings
A male dry break coupler is connected to the tank unit, while the female coupler is connected to the male hose unit. These provide secure seals that prevent liquid from leaking or spilling during transfer.
Common Applications of Dry Disconnect Couplings
Diverse industries dealing with fluid transfer rely on dry break fittings, especially for hazardous liquids. Industries include pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemical, and food and beverage. These are designed to protect workers and the environment while these substances are being handled.
Some typical applications of dry disconnect couplings include:
- Diesel exhaust fluid
- Petroleum products
- Acids and caustics
Seal Fast Ensures Secure Connections with Dry Break Fittings
Seal Fast, Inc. guarantees safe and tight connections using our comprehensive dry break coupling solutions. Made with superior-quality materials for long-lasting performance, you can trust us to deliver outcomes that will help you adhere to environmental regulations while improving your productivity.